As the chilly fingers of winter reach out to touch us, there’s nothing quite like a steaming cup of tea to awaken the senses and warm the soul. In India, where tea is a morning ritual, it’s not just about a beverage; it’s an experience that begins the day with a burst of flavour and a dose of warmth. Let’s explore some delightful tea recipes that will infuse your mornings with a dash of spice and flavour, making the icy season more bearable.
- Masala Chai: The epitome of warmth, masala chai is a symphony of spices that envelopes you from within. With ingredients like cinnamon, cloves, ginger, peppercorns, and a pinch of nutmeg, masala chai not only tantalizes your taste buds but also generates a cozy heat within your body. It’s no wonder that these aromatic spices are generously added to hot drinks during the winter season.
- Black Tea: For those who are lactose intolerant, black tea is the go-to option. It’s simple, refreshing, and keeps you active throughout the day. A classic that never goes out of style.
- Turmeric Tea: The active compound in turmeric, Curcumin, brings a treasure trove of benefits to your cup. Its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal properties make it a formidable shield against the flu and cold. Enhance the flavor and nutritional value by adding a touch of lemon juice and honey.
- Ginger Tea: Ginger, with its antimicrobial properties, is a superhero for your immune system. Its sweet and spicy flavor is a welcome addition to both caffeinated and herbal tea blends.
- Peppermint Tea: Cool, minty, and soothing, peppermint tea is a versatile herbal brew. It boasts antimicrobial and antiviral properties, making it a valuable addition to your winter beverage collection.
- Lemongrass Tea: The pleasant citrus flavor of lemongrass adds a zesty touch to your tea. Recent studies reveal its antibacterial properties, offering protection against illness. High in antioxidants, lemongrass also aids in reducing inflammation.
- Tulsi Tea: Known as the “Holy Basil,” tulsi tea has remarkable benefits. It helps maintain cortisol levels, the stress hormone, in the body. Lowering cortisol can alleviate stress and anxiety, making it a perfect elixir for a serene start to your day.
Embrace the winter season and shield yourself from the cold and flu. Start your day with these invigorating teas and take brisk morning walks to keep your body fit and your spirit ready for the new year. Winter doesn’t stand a chance against your warmth and wellness!