ELECTRICAL SAFETY AWARENESS BY TPNODL FOR THE FESTIVE SEASON
Balasore: Preparation for the auspicious Durga Puja is in full swing in the state and districts of the Northern Odisha are no exception to it. TP Northern Odisha Distribution Limited (TPNODL) is all prepared to provide quality and uninterrupted power supply during this festive season and at the same time, keeping an eye on safety, TPNODL has issued several electrical safety guidelines for the construction of temporary structures and Puja Pandals.
1. Do Work only after by maintaining safe distance from live wires, Sub- stations and other electrical installations.
2. Provide proper rated RCCB to protect electrical systems from electrical shocks.
3. Use electrical outlets as per their rating and use appropriate circuit breakers.
4. Use cables without joints in between and lay in a safer place away from walkways.
5. Engage only authorized person having work man permit/ license for electrical works through a licensed electrical contractor.
6. Use safety/ protective devices while working in the electrical systems
7. Fire extinguisher should be available.
8. Obtain necessary permission from DISCOM, Urban local bodies and other statutory authorities before undertaking any construction work.
1. Don’t undertake any construction work in a place which is in close proximity to Overhead lines.
2. Don’t overload electrical outlets & accessories.
3. Don’t engage persons unless they are qualified to do so.
4. Don’t place halogen lamps near combustible materials
5. Don’t use metal ladder while working near power lines
6. Don’t lay electrical cable across the walkways
7. Don’t have temporary or naked joints on wirings
8. Don’t lay wires under carpets or mats
9. Don’t use electrical equipment in wet floor
With an aim to develop safety culture in its area of operation, TPNODL has focused on the safety of all consumers and staffs and has also taken several initiatives to deal with electrical accidents as well. It has issued a toll free customer care contact number 18003456718 or 1912 or any nearest electricity office.